Saturday, December 27, 2008

Excess Baggage


Well, we hope that everyone had a merry Christmas this year, especially the ones who celebrated with all of our stuff. Yes, daddy came to town Saturday, his bag with all of the gifts and cash (don't ask) didn't arrive until Tuesday. Guess what?? The bag showed up basically empty! Thanks for leaving us the box of triscuits and 2 bags of goldfish airport people!! I mean seriously, is this a bad Lifetime Christmas movie? OK, we have this family who is trying to adopt a child from Guatemala, we'll have them go through hell, have the wife live there for over a year, and finally when things look good, lets ruin their Christmas by having all of their gifts stolen by drunk airport dudes. I see Bette Midler as Jen and Robbie Benson as me. Can't wait to see it.

Well, we managed to have Christmas anyway. Jen and I played the game, guess how long Max's new Guatemalan bike lasts before it breaks. Jen won with her guess of 1 minute 23 seconds. She was only off by 7 seconds!!! Fortunately, Max got a few gifts since one of my bags made it in tact. There is nothing like the joy of seeing your son discover presents under the Christmas tree Christmas morning. Seeing him over joyed with the opening of presents that lead him to new discoveries. Discoveries like when the lego does not connect the way you think they should they become flying projectiles of frustration. Apparently, sometimes he also feels that the metal Backyardigans lunch box looks better upside of my head. All being said, he had fun and Santa did good. Glad his sleigh didn't get robbed on the way through town.

At midnight on Christmas Eve all hell broke loose. I thought the revolution had started. Fireworks (aka, mix of fireworks and gunfire) were going off absolutely everywhere. I went outside and there was honestly not a direction I could turn where fireworks weren't going off. Apparently the wise men brought along m-80's with the frankincense and myrrh for baby Jesus. It made for a fun and interesting evening. Oh, and a night of Max staying in our bed. Looking forward to New Year's!

Truly hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We did. Oh, and do the pictures somehow remind you of the 70's Christmas Jen and I enjoyed when we were kids?? Soak it in, and enjoy the video. We will be home soon. Miss you all.

Mark, Jen and El Rey MAX





























7 comments:

Stacie said...

Even though you aren't home yet..I'm thankful you were all able to spend Christmas together. Sorry about your bags at the airport...some people are just plain mean!
Hope things are beginning to progress with the final steps to bring Max home forever!

Megan said...

Marry Christmas!! Bummer about the bags but also happy that you are all together there!! Happy New Year!!! Wishing you the best 2009!

Joyce Schulein said...

Merry Christmas Max and Mommy & Daddy ~
We loved seeing your xmas pictures and videos.
Rufus and Foxy send big xmas kisses. Have a Happy New Year ~ Love ~ Nana & Papa

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Sounds like a Delta airline to me. My stuff all got stolen when my mom came to visit, and the bags never made once flying on Delta, including our visit trips. We were lucky enough to have our bags intact last Christmas after I had to go back to the airport on Christmas eve. You will be home soon! but still what a bunch of crap, whats new its a 3rd world country.

ozzy's world said...

We are sorry that the Grinch struck your Christmas! However, we are happy that you still had a Merry Christmas and were able to be together as a family. We are looking forward to those orange and pink posts! Does Max have a snowsuit yet?

Happy Holidays
Lannie, Kim & Ozzy

Anonymous said...

Since when is my sister married to Santa??

And I pity the fool who I find wearing the earrings I made you, Bones! I'm going to comb O'Hare until I find them! (or maybe just make you another pair...)

xo Aunt Pantelones
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Kim and Olav said...

love reading marks writing!!!! I know it stunk, but it did make me laugh outloud! glad to hear you celebrated anyway!!!!!